BROADCAST ADVERTISINGBuild your brand while driving transactions via broadcast media
Vivid, story-driven, and larger than life.
Television and radio hold a special place in people’s minds, not to mention holding 30+ hours of their attention each week.
So it’s no surprise that 52% ($96 billion) of the U.S. advertising spend is for broadcast media.
FREQUENCY MATTERS: PLAN FOR IT
For campaigns of any purpose, budget and scale, MediaBuyers can pave the way for you to get into broadcast advertising for the first time or expand your reach with the right audience at unbeatable rates.
Even more so than for other media, the frequency with which your audience sees or hears your ads on radio or TV really matters for brand building and acquisitions.
Work with our team to develop a strong advertising plan that gets you more ad buy for your budget while reaching your
TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR NEGOTIATING PROWESS IN RADIO ADVERTISING
We maximize the value of your radio ad spend. MediaBuyers can find you the best low-cost advertising opportunities on more than 60,000 radio stations. Because of our relationships, we can typically negotiate significant bonus airings and/or promotions for you, increasing the value of your ad spend by as much as 40%.
ADVANTAGES OF RADIO ADVERTISING
- High ROI. Due to comparatively low ad costs combined with the unique advantages of the medium, radio frequently beats other media when it comes to advertising ROI.
- Speed & agility. It’s quick and easy to produce, test and expand radio ad campaigns.
- Story & emotion. You can fit more story in a 30-60 second radio commercial than you can in a static ad, and evoking emotion with sound and narrative increases listeners’ perception of ad and brand relevance.
- Acquisitions. Direct response radio ads can be very effective in driving traffic to retail stores, events and websites. Radio reaches many listeners as they drive to shopping destinations.
- Listener loyalty. Radio listeners typically tune in regularly to only 1-3 stations aligned to personal preferences and to DJs with whom they feel a sense of connection, thus enhancing buy-in.
- Listener habits. People routinely integrate radio listening with time-specific offline activities, for example while commuting, which supports repeated exposure to your ads over a series of days.
- Audience targeting. Radio stations profile listener demographics and psychographics (interests, attitudes and opinions – IAO) enabling narrow targeting.
- Geotargeting. Most radio stations feature hyper-local news and events to sustain listener engagement, which strongly supports localized direct response advertising.
MEDIA PLANNING PROFILE FOR RADIO ADS
- Cycle: daily
- Lead time: super short – as little a 72 hours, if all assets ready
- Response time: immediate
- Response window: 1 to 7 days
- Lifespan: fleeting – 30-60 seconds, making repetition crucial
THE LOW COST OF PRODUCING COMMERCIAL RADIO SPOTS
- We can typically help you produce your commercials!
- One of the best things about radio advertising is the low cost of producing the ads. Many stations even offer basic ad production as a free service or for a nominal fee; simply provide them with a list of talking points and they’ll draft a script and record the commercial using in-house voice talent.
- Live reads, rather than pre-recorded commercials, are also an option.
OPTIMIZING DIRECT RESPONSE RADIO AD CAMPAIGNS
We’ll help you learn about how to use script, voice, music and other sound elements to develop effective DR radio ads that also build brand.
BRING YOUR PRODUCT STORY TO LIFE ON TV, FOR LESS THAN YOU EXPECT
There’s no better showcase for advertising your product than the compelling, multi-sensory television experience that still dominates all media. And at the rates MediaBuyers can negotiate, you’ll find it surprisingly affordable to advertise on TV.
ADVANTAGES OF TELEVISION ADVERTISING
- Media dominance. Averaging 36 hours per adult across all age groups, the time consumers spend watching TV each week continues to surpass the 29 they spend weekly on all other media platforms combined. (Nielsen, Total Audience Report, 2015 Q1)
- Prestige. Because of the real and perceived cost of television commercials, viewers are more likely to assume TV advertisers are successful, which increases brand credibility and influences product preference.
- Multi-sensory engagement. The vividness of television helps people notice, understand and remember your product and imagine it in their lives.
- Targeting. Today’s TV networks use sophisticated technology to deliver ads by market segment, demographic, psychographic and even zip code.
- Reach. An estimated 87% of adults in the U.S.—277 million people—watch television weekly (Nielsen, 2015), enabling you to reach the majority of Americans via TV ads.
- Viewer loyalty. Shows and networks cultivate viewer loyalty; serial shows help you achieve repeated impressions with the same viewers.
MEDIA PLANNING PROFILE FOR RADIO ADS
- Cycle: daily, weekly or monthly
- Lead time: 2 weeks
- Response time: immediate
- Response window: up to 1 week
- Lifespan: fleeting – 30-60 seconds, making higher ad frequency crucial
OVERCOME COST AS A BARRIER TO ENTRY IN TV ADVERTISING
Getting into TV advertising takes a bigger up-front commitment of time and money than most other media.
Ballpark costs of television commercials
- While you can put together the ultra-basics of a TV commercial for $3,000-$7,000, for something more polished that doesn’t have that “local” feel, you can expect to pay closer to $20,000–$30,000 for polished creative.
- That’s why for any television advertising, you really want to make sure the ad you produce generates not just lift and leads but sales. Work with MediaBuyers to make sure it does.
Campaign costs over time
- It is worth noting that the relative cost of your up-front investment in a high-quality commercial will diminish over time as you scale the campaign. Also, when it comes to assets, your company may already have video footage that we can leverage in producing a TV commercial.
Use dual-purpose brand/acquisitions ads for better ROI
- We’ll help you learn what makes an effective DRTV ad and how to optimize your DR TV ads for top performance.
OPTIMIZING DIRECT RESPONSE TV COMMERCIALS
OPTIMIZING DIRECT RESPONSE TV COMMERCIALS (DRTV)
- The upfront cost of producing TV commercials makes it crucial to launch your campaign with an ad that has all the elements necessary for success. For the best ROI, we strongly recommend transactional brand ads that simultaneously drive acquisitions while building brand.
- Alternatively, your online videos that you already have might easily be converted to 30- or 6-second television spots.
Learn more about branding vs direct response advertising.